Food trucks aren’t just for a quick weekday lunch anymore; they’re quickly becoming a growing trend that adds fun and flair to Philly weddings. You may have your Philly favorites, but here’s a list of some of the top contenders that your guests will certainly never forget.
The Dapper Dog
Having a tented backyard BBQ for your wedding? Get The Dapper Dog to give your guests all american hot dogs with a twist. Try the “Dolce Vita” dog with tomato sauce, pepperoni, sharp provolone, and parmesan cheese. Visit thedapperdog.org for more information!
By far one of my favorite foods! Offer your guests the chance to get something sweet, salty, or savory! From chicken to Nutella, they have it all! This truck usually parks on 13th and Norris, so stop by to try it out.
Sugar Philly Truck
Need a good dessert idea? Book the Sugar Philly Truck for your wedding day and your guests will have endless options. Choose from creme brulee, creme fraiche cheesecake, French macarons, or pumpkin custard in the fall. Or how about chocolate bread pudding or peanut panna cotta, the list goes on- there’s something for everyone. Visit sugarphillytruck.com for information on catering.
For all those vegetarian brides and grooms out there, there’s something for you too- Magic Carpet food truck is a Philly classic that has been around since 1984. Magic Carpet serves up a mix of Middle Eastern, Greek and Indian with favorites like baked tofu, humus, falafel, veggie chili and more. Email email@example.com for information about catering.
Everyone loves a good cupcake, so give your guests one from Philly’s finest! Choices include red velvet with cream cheese frosting, banana cake with nutella buttercream, or simple options like traditional chocolate and yellow cake with vanilla buttercream, chocolate ganache or peanut butter buttercream. Contact owner, Kate Carrara, at firstname.lastname@example.org for details on bringing Buttercream to your wedding. More info can be found at buttercreamphiladelphia.com.
Guapos Tacos, owned by Jose Garces, yes THE Jose Garces, serves up classic mexican dishes with an Iron Chef twist. Give your guests a taste of classic guacamole, or salsa to start and unique taco flavors like adobo chicken- with white onions, radish, cilantro, queso fresco, or duck barbacoa- with radish kimehi and tagarashi aioli. Visit guaupostacos.com for all of the details! You can also read about Guapos Tacos on one of our past Featured Vendor Friday posts, right here.
Give your guests a sweet treat with artisan gourmet cupcake from Sweet Box. Voted Best Dessert by Philly Vendy Awards, these cupcakes will easily surpass the classic wedding cake. Email email@example.com or call 215-237-4647 to book Sweet Box at your next event! More info at iheartsweetphilly.com.
The fro-yo frenzy is still going strong! Perfect for a summer wedding, or really anytime of the year if you ask me, fro-yo is a sweet dessert that will keep your guests cool. Whirled Peace is a local favorite that serves up your requested favorites from their funky food truck. Visit whirledpeacefroyo.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org for all the details and a look at their featured flavors.
Lastly, when booking a food truck, be sure to consider a few simple things:
- Food trucks are often best suited for fall or spring weddings, so that your guests won’t be too hot or too cold while waiting in line. But, if your wedding is set for summer, try having an ice cream or slushie truck instead.
- Try to figure out how many food trucks you will need to keep your guests happy and their stomachs full. Food trucks are made to fill many, but always check your numbers.
- Finding the perfect parking spot for your food truck or trucks may not always be easy. Make sure there is enough room and that the truck is far enough away from guests so smoke or food smells don’t linger, and make sure there is enough room for guests to line up!
- Lots of local restaurants are now crafting up their own food trucks so they can easily serve their specialties at your big day! Do your research or ask your favorite restaurants if they serve their meals on wheels!
- Also consider having food trucks for your rehearsal dinner or for a late night snack after your reception. Your guests won’t be able to say no on the way out!