B-pics! What’s that? This term has become popular among wedding boards lately. B-pics are referring to Boudoir photos. Boudoir photos are tasteful photos that hint at sexiness. They can be as tame or risque as you want them to be. It all depends on what your idea of sexy is and what you are comfortable with.
Boudoir Photography is becoming quite popular among brides-to-be. They are a great wedding gift idea to give to your future husband. The thought of having pictures taken and being half-naked might terrify you. However, boudoir photos are nothing to be afraid of! You don’t have to take your clothes off for boudoir pictures. You can be clothed, partially clothed, wearing lingerie, partially naked or in your bathing suit. It’s all up to you and what you’re comfortable with!
Lots of photographers are doing boudoir photos now and come highly recommended. They make you feel very comfortable and know what poses will make you look good. Don’t feel that it will be awkward with your photographer. It’s just another day of work for them!
Here are some tips from local photographer, Jennifer Childress, of Jennifer Childress Photography, on how to take great Boudoir Photos.
- If your boudoir session does not include hair and makeup, it’s a good idea to hire a professional. You can even check out the cosmetic counters at department stores for a free makeup application.
- Practice your expressions in the mirror. It will help on the day of the photo shoot.
- Avoid facials or waxing before the photo session.
- It’s a good idea to wear a robe or something comfortable while you are waiting in between sessions.
- Avoid wearing tight fitting undergarments as they are the most likely to leave elastic pressure lines on your skin.
- Fake eyelashes help make your eyes look fabulous!
- Don’t spend lots of money on new items. Your photographer will help make what you already have look great.
Ideas on what to wear:
- Cute panties or a bra and panty set can be really sexy. Make sure they fit you well.
- Black and solid color clothing photograph really well.
- Items from your significant other- ties, hats, button down shirts, sports jerseys.
- Think about pairing a tank top or fitted t-shirt with a cute pair of panties. This can be sexy without being too revealing.
- Some fun accessories to think about are: long necklaces, pearls, hats, and cowboy boots. Don’t forget the most important thing…a sexy pair of heels!
- Think about using props such as pillows or sheets to imply lack of clothing.
Have fun with your boudoir photos! Not only will they make a great gift for your future hubby but they are a great gift for yourself. They will be a great memory and fun to look back at 30 years from now!